Canada’s Hottest Job Markets in 2023: Which Industries Are Booming?
Highest Paid Jobs in Canada in 2023
These are the Highest Paying Jobs in Canada in 2023
|What is the Highest Paying Job in Canada?||Salary (Maximum)||Requires
|Chief Marketing Officer||$400,000||Yes|
Having an in-demand job in Canada as a potential immigrant can mean that there is a high demand for individuals with the skills and qualifications that you possess in the Canadian job market.
This can make it easier for you to find employment and potentially secure a higher salary. Additionally, having an in-demand job can also increase your chances of being selected for certain immigration programs such as the Express Entry program.
When comparing salaries in Canada to the rest of the world, it is important to note that the cost of living in Canada is generally higher compared to other countries. However, salaries in Canada tend to be competitive with other developed countries.
According to data from the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), the average salary in Canada is around $50,000 per year, which is similar to the average salary in countries like Germany, the UK, and the US. However, salaries can vary significantly depending on the job, industry, and location.
Highest Paid Canada Jobs for Foreigners
- Surgeons and physicians: These medical professionals typically earn high salaries, with some earning over $350,000 per year.
- Dentists: Dentists in Canada typically earn salaries in the range of $200,000 to $300,000 per year.
- Lawyers: Lawyers in Canada can earn high salaries, with some earning over $200,000 per year.
- Engineers: Engineers, particularly those in the oil and gas, mining, and aerospace industries, often earn high salaries, with some earning over $150,000 per year.
- Architects: Architects in Canada can earn high salaries, with some earning over $150,000 per year.
- Management consultants: Management consultants in Canada typically earn high salaries, with some earning over $150,000 per year.
- IT and software managers: IT and software managers in Canada can earn high salaries, with some earning over $150,000 per year.
- Financial managers: Financial managers in Canada can earn high salaries, with some earning over $150,000 per year.
- Pharmacists: Pharmacists in Canada typically earn high salaries, with some earning over $120,000 per year.
- Sales and marketing managers: Sales and marketing managers in Canada can earn high salaries, with some earning over $120,000 per year.
Top 10 In Demand Jobs in Canada in 2023
- Software Developer/Engineer
- Data Analyst/Scientist
- Cybersecurity Analyst/Specialist
- Database Administrator
- Project Manager
- Business Analyst
- DevOps Engineer
- Cloud Engineer/Architect
- IT Manager
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Engineer
The top in-demand jobs in Canada for 2023 are those that are related to technology and digital transformation. These jobs include coding, enterprise-level IT functions, and other technology-related roles.
Companies are looking to improve their customer experience and generate profits through digital means, which has led to an increased demand for technology workers. However, the supply of these workers is not keeping pace with the demand, resulting in a shortage of professionals with the necessary skills and abilities.
This shortage has led to an increase in salaries for those who possess in-demand skills with some employers offering up to a 10 percent increase for highly skilled professionals.
What is Considered a Well Paid’ Job in Canada in 2023
In Canada, a salary of CAD $66,000 per year is considered to be above average. However, due to the high cost of living this salary may not be sufficient for many residents to live comfortably. The average monthly expenses for a family of four in Canada can reach up to CAD $4,412, which can make it difficult for someone earning an average salary to make ends meet.
To be considered financially comfortable or rich in Toronto, it is recommended to earn a salary of CAD$90,000 to CAD$100,000 or more. This salary range allows for more flexibility to cover expenses and have money left over for luxuries such as travel.
The Highest Paid Jobs in Canada for Tradespeople
|Skilled Trade||Salary in CAD|
|Heavy duty equipment technician||$84,200|
|Industrial mechanic (Millwright)||$76,000|
|Steamfitter or Pipefitter||$74,010|
|Refrigeration and air conditioning mechanic||$70,000|
|Truck and transport mechanic||$56,000|
|Sheet metal worker||$56,000|
Work Environment in Canada
The work-life balance in Canada is highly valued and many employers offer flexible working hours and remote work options to help employees maintain a healthy balance between their professional and personal lives.
There are various laws and regulations in place to protect the rights of employees, such as minimum wage laws and health and safety regulations.
In terms of diversity and inclusion Canada is a leader in promoting equal opportunities for all individuals, regardless of race, gender and orientation. Employers are expected to create a welcoming and inclusive work environment and discrimination and harassment are not tolerated.
The work environment in Canada is known for its positive and collaborative culture and it’s focus on work-life balance. This makes it an attractive destination for professionals and new immigrants seeking a fulfilling and enjoyable career in Canada.
Previous: Most In Demand Jobs in Canada
Next: Top Ways to Immigrate to Canada
Jacqueline Chow is an international immigration and visa expert with over 15 years of experience in the field. With a background in law and a passion for helping people, Jacqueline has built a reputation as a trusted and reliable source of information and advice on all aspects of immigration and visas. She has worked with clients from all over the world, including high-net-worth individuals, professionals, skilled workers and families. As a sought-after speaker and commentator Jacqueline has been featured in various media outlets and has given talks on immigration and visas at conferences and events around the world.