Full List of USA Visas

Full List of USA Visas in 2024

Full List of USA Visas


There are many different types of visas that are issued by the United States government. Here is a comprehensive list:


Immigrant Visas


Family Sponsored Visas (Immediate Relatives of U.S. Citizens)


  • IR-1 (Spouse of a U.S. Citizen)
  • IR-2 (Unmarried Child Under 21 Years of Age of a U.S. Citizen)
  • IR-3 (Orphan Adopted Abroad by a U.S. Citizen)
  • IR-4 (Orphan to be Adopted in the U.S. by a U.S. Citizen)
  • IR-5 (Parent of a U.S. Citizen who is at least 21 years old)


Employment-Based Visas (Employment-Based Visas)


  • EB-1 (Priority Workers)
  • EB-2 (Members of the Professions Holding Advanced Degrees or Persons of Exceptional Ability)
  • EB-3 (Skilled Workers, Professionals, and Other Workers)
  • EB-4 (Special Immigrants)
  • EB-5 (Investors/Employment Creation)


Non-Immigrant Visas

Temporary Worker Visas


  • H-1B (Specialty Occupation Workers)
  • H-2A (Temporary Agricultural Workers)
  • H-2B (Temporary Non-Agricultural Workers)
  • H-3 (Trainees)


Exchange Visitor Visas


  • J-1 (Exchange Visitors)


Student Visas


  • F-1 (Academic Students)
  • M-1 (Vocational Students)
  • Cultural Exchange Visas
  • Q-1 (International Cultural Exchange Visitors)


Temporary Business Visitor Visas


  • B-1 (Business Visitors)


Treaty Trader/Investor Visas


  • E-1 (Treaty Traders)
  • E-2 (Treaty Investors)


Miscellaneous Visas


  • O-1 (Individuals with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement)
  • P-1 (Athletes, Entertainers, and Artists)
  • P-2 (Artists and Entertainers Under a Reciprocal Exchange Program)
  • P-3 (Artists and Entertainers in a Culturally Unique Program)
  • R-1 (Religious Workers)


K Visas


      • K-1 (Fiancé(e) of a U.S. Citizen)
      • K-2 (Children of K-1 Visa Holders)
      • K-3 (Spouse of a U.S. Citizen)
      • K-4 (Child of a K-3 Visa Holder)


V Visas


  • V-1 (Spouse of a Lawful Permanent Resident)
  • V-2 (Unmarried Child Under 21 Years of Age of a Lawful Permanent Resident)
  • V-3 (Child of a V-1 or V-2 Visa Holder)


U Visas


  • U-1 (Victims of Criminal Activity)

T Visas


  • T-1 (Victims of Human Trafficking)


S Visas


  • S-5 (Informants Relating to Organized Crime)
  • S-6 (Informants Relating to Terrorism)


L Visas


  • L-1A (Intracompany Transferees in Executive/Managerial Positions)
  • L-1B (Intracompany Transferees in Specialized Knowledge Positions)


F Visas


  • F-2 (Dependents of F-1 Visa Holders)


M Visas


  • M-2 (Dependents of M-1 Visa Holders)


TN Visas


  • TN (NAFTA Professional Workers from Canada and Mexico)


Waiver of Inadmissibility Visas


  • I-601 (Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility)
  • I-212 (Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission into the United States After Deportation or Removal)


E Visas


  • E-1 (Treaty Traders)
  • E-2 (Treaty Investors)
  • E-3 (Specialty Occupation Workers from Australia)


R Visas


  • R-1 (Religious Workers)


DV Visas


  • DV (Diversity Immigrant Visa)


I Visas


  • I (Representatives of Foreign Media)


P Visas


  • P-1 (Athletes, Entertainers, and Artists)
  • P-2 (Artists and Entertainers under a Reciprocal Exchange Program)
  • P-3 (Artists and Entertainers under a Culturally Unique Program)
  • P-4 (Dependents of P-1, P-2, and P-3 Visa Holders)


T Visas


  • T (Victims of Trafficking)
  • T-2 (Spouses and Children of T-1 Visa Holders)
  • T-3 (Parents of T-1 Visa Holders)
  • T-4 (Siblings of T-1 Visa Holders)


U Visas on the list of USA Visas


  • U (Victims of Criminal Activity)
  • U-2 (Spouses and Children of U-1 Visa Holders)
  • U-3 (Parents of U-1 Visa Holders)
  • U-4 (Unmarried Siblings Under the Age of 18 of U-1 Visa Holders)



S Visas


  • S-5 (Informants with Information about Criminal Organizations)
  • S-6 (Informants with Information about Terrorism)


V Visas


  • V (Spouses and Children of Legal Permanent Residents)


L Visas


  • L-1 (Intracompany Transferees)
  • L-2 (Spouses and Children of L-1 Visa Holders)


C Visas


  • C (Transit Aliens)


F Visas


  • F-1 (Academic Students)
  • F-2 (Spouses and Children of F-1 Visa Holders)


M Visas on the list of USA Visas


  • M-1 (Vocational Students)
  • M-2 (Spouses and Children of M-1 Visa Holders)


WT and WB Visas


  • WT (Visa Waiver for Business or Tourism Purposes)
  • WB (Visa Waiver for Business Purposes)


Asylum seekers visas on the list of USA Visas


An asylum seeker may be eligible to apply for asylum in the United States if they meet the definition of a refugee and are unable or unwilling to return to their home country due to persecution. If an asylum seeker is physically present in the United States or at a U.S. border, they may apply for asylum regardless of how they entered the country.


To be considered for asylum or withholding of removal, an asylum seeker must file an application with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) within one year of their arrival in the United States.


USA Visa Chooser


If you are confused about which visa is right for you or overwhelmed by the full list of USA visa take a Free Visa Assessment to receive an email with your visa options.


Previous: 5 Requirements to be a United States Citizen

Next: Banking Services for New Immigrants in America

Subject Matter Expert at Migration Made Simple | Website | + posts

Jacqueline Chow is an international immigration and visa expert with over 15 years of experience in the field. With a background in law and a passion for helping people, Jacqueline has built a reputation as a trusted and reliable source of information and advice on all aspects of immigration and visas. She has worked with clients from all over the world, including high-net-worth individuals, professionals, skilled workers and families. As a sought-after speaker and commentator Jacqueline has been featured in various media outlets and has given talks on immigration and visas at conferences and events around the world.